Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The need to be unique!

The Coca-colonization chapter in Nation of Rebels, which group 5 lectured on Monday, helped me gain a new perspective on why so many people search in way to make them feel unique. I liked what Javier said during his lecture, “looking down from the airplane window, I realized that I’m just one of seven billion people in this world.”   It is natural that individuals must feel the need to stand out and be unique from one another. Being eccentric has its positive results of making sure you’re noticed by others that would not normally stop to look. Although, I am not an eccentric person, I believe that I am unique because I am a twin. My sister and I are identical, and that’s enough for me to be different from everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment