Monday, January 30, 2012

My Concern

My concern is with the education system of high schools in the United States.  In Chicago they are trying to pass a state law that states that schools will be open an extra 90 minutes.  Now for me I do not have a problem with them extending the days.  My problem is that they thing that this is the only thing that they need to do to make our education system better.  For me the school boards need to look more into how the teachers are teaching and if they have what they need to be able to teach the students.  The fact is that you can extend the day but the question really is "are the students really learning anything with this extra 90 minutes?"  This country really needs to look and think about giving the education system to the government to regulate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment